People, including me and you are eager to drive more and more traffic to our blogs and websites. But all this is possible if we do everything correctly. SEO is the most important thing in order to drive traffic to your website. Therefore, If you want to be successful in blogging then you must learn SEO and especially Google Webmaster tools. Google Webmaster tool plays a major role in your site’s traffic; by using Google Webmaster tools you can know each and everything about your blog on Google. This awesome tool provides you all the data which was received by search engine i.e keywords, queries, Search CTR etc.
But for using webmaster tools effectively, you need to first verify each of your site. So this tutorial will guide you about different methods for verifying your site/blog in Google Webmaster tools.
Actually, there are four methods you can use to verify your site on Google webmaster tools and those four methods are following:
- By Uploading an HTML File to Your Site
- By Adding a Meta Tag to your site
- By Using Google Analytic
- By Domain Name Server
So the above four ways can be used to verify a site on Google webmaster tools. However, you should know that which method is easier for you. Let me give you some ideas below.
1. If you are a WordPress user then you should upload the HTML file from webmaster tools to your web server by using your Cpanel. And the HTML file should be uploaded to your root directory such as public_html which is usually located in File Manager of your Cpanel.
2. If you are a user of any manual website such as social network, forum or any site which is not hosted on Joomla, WordPress or Blogger then you should also add the HTML file to your web server and that is very easy as well as safer.
3. If you are a blogger blogs user then you must use <meta> Tag option to verify your site in Webmaster tools. This is the simplest method to verify a blogger blog. And Google’s meta tag is added in the HTML section just after <head> tag.
4. Domain name server should only be used in case if you don’t have access to your web server.
Watch This short video by Google Themselves
How to Find the Verification page in Webmaster Tools?
Now here is the final step where you can start the verifying procedure from. First you’ll need to log into your webmaster account and then just add your site/blog by clicking the button at right top which says “Add a Site”, after adding your site, there will be a sign “Unverified” at right side corner for respective site, so you just need to click that and the verification page will open from where you can use above 4 methods to verify your site.
However, for blogger users it is very simple and the HTML file is automatically added to blogger’s server when the blog is created. But the condition is; if your Google account is connected with Google Webmaster tools.
The benefit of this is; you’ll see more accurate data about your site on Google Webmaster tools, because now Google knows about the owner of the site.
Let me know if you have any questions. Till next tutorial, take care buddies.