Drupal Content Management System is a very powerful tool to manage the data like content, audio, video, documents in our website. If the site have more complexity in terms of content manageable people will prefer CMS like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla tools.
Here you can see the steps to install the Drupal site in your machine. Installing Drupal requires a Web server and Database server. And Drupal is the PHP Framework , so additionally you need to install PHP. I would like to recommend this article for the LAMP stack.
If you are a windows user you can install WAMP stack exe from http://www.wampserver.com/en/
So now you are all set to install Dupal site in your machine.
- First get the latest source code from https://www.drupal.org/, there two file format available pick any one of that. Download it and extract it into your webroot directory (/var/www/html), which will be publicly available.
- Then navigate your Drupal extracted folder, it will take you automatically in the installation script. Choose your desired language and proceed to next step.
3. Drupal comes with two profiles Standard and Minimal , choose the profile which one you want to proceed. If you want your site as distribute you can create a new profile like this. Like wise Standard profile comes with commonly used feature and Minimal profile have minimal feature, with that you can extend your functionality.
4. Create files folder with in your drupal folder (/var/www/d8/sites/default/files) for the site related files will be stored in this folder, this is required for your Drupal site and also please make sure this folder will be writable so that on the installation some of configuration files will be stored in this directory, otherwise you will see the below screen.
5. Then go to /var/www/d8/sites/default directory copy and rename the default.settings.php into settings.php, here only Database configuration will be saved. This file also should be writable by the web root so that the install script update the Database configuration from the site interface to this file, you can change it in future if you want.
6. If everything fine you will get the below screen for the Database configuration , provide your Database name and login credentials for the Database connectivity for your Drupal site.
7. Then update your site related information like Site Name, site Email address and Admin username and Password this user account will be treated as admin user, so default this user will have all the permission in the Drupal site. Here the Screenshot for your reference.
8. Once you are done all the steps then you can see the Drupal site index page with Welcome Message, like the below screen shot. Now your Drupal site is ready for your customization and you can extend your functionality.
Let me know if you have faced any issue regarding to the Drupal site installtion.